Also included in
- Resource description: This experiential learning bundle includes a variety of activities to teach 21st century skills including a self-directed project-based learning activities tool kit, scientific inquiry templates, a problem-based learning tool kit, maker templates that guide students through the$33.60$42.00Save $8.40
- Are you looking for experiential projects or experiential learning activities but aren't sure how to facilitate experiential learning in your classroom, don't have time to create guiding resources, or simply don't know where to begin? This experiential learning starter kit is a bundle of tool kits d$39.20$49.00Save $9.80
- This bundle includes project based learning lesson plans that focus on resume builders for high school students. It combines several self-directed project-based learning resources under the theme of career and college readiness. Students will explore a career of their choice and build their resumes$16.80$24.00Save $7.20
- Have you been playing with the idea of a senior project for high school students? Maybe you know the importance of senior projects - the importance of college career readiness - but aren't sure where to begin, don't know what works, or don't have the time to create resources. Does that sound like yo$22.40$28.00Save $5.60
- Are you interested in or required to include college and career high school curriculum, vocational education, and/or technical education this year, but aren't sure where to start nor do you have the time to develop effective resources?Then this bundle is for you. This college career ready bundle was$28.40$35.50Save $7.10
Do your students possess the 21st century skills needed for learning, working, and living in the 21st-century? Are your 21st-century learners prepared to problem-solve, critically think, collaborate, and get creative when the world demands it?
If the answer is not "yes" to any of these questions, it's a great time to help your students begin building these soft skills.
The intention of this 21st-century skill-building portfolio is to help students develop an awareness of 21st-century competencies, build those skills, and reflect on 21st century skill-building experiences.
This 21st-century skill-building portfolio s a prepared template that guides students through the process of mastering 21st-century skills. Students...
- Make 21st-century skills goals
- Organize and plan 21st-century skill-building activities
- Reflect on skill-building experiences
This is how it works:
- Students examine essential 21st-century goals and determine a few specific goals to focus on over the course of a session (school year, quarter, semester, etc.)
- Students explore learning opportunities (activities, projects, field trips, etc.) that will help them master the 21st-century skills that they chose as their focus for the session.
- Students participate in those learning activities and then reflect on the experiences using the templates included in this resource. The reflections or journal entries act as evidence of skill-building experiences.
- The end result is a portfolio that showcases evidence of 21st-century skill-building experiences.
For example, if a student would like to focus their goals and energy this quarter on tech literacy they might plan to attend a free webinar on how to use a specific software program.
Once they have completed the webinar, they would go into their 21st-century skill-building portfolio and write a reflection and add video or photographic evidence of that experience. They would also reflect on how this experience helped them with tech literacy. The end result would be several entries that showcase tech-literacy-building experiences that the student had that session.
This resource could be incorporated into a subject-specific class but is best used with advisory groups, life skills classes, college and career readiness programs, senior seminars, etc.
Note: The printable (PDF) is not editable. This resource has a printable and digital Google Slides™ option. The digital version offers more flexibility for modifications.
This product includes:
- Teacher guide - This guide helps teachers seamlessly implement this resource. The prepared templates make this resource low prep and easy to facilitate.
- 21st-century skill-building activity brainstorming tools
- Checklist of soft skills
- 21st-century competency self-evaluation form
- 21st-century skill-building planner
- 21st-century skill-building reflection/evidence template
- 21st-century skills portfolio rubric (with additional spaces for personalized categories and evaluation criteria)
- Category word bank for the student-generated section of the rubric
If you like this resource, check out these products as well!
Helpful blog posts:
Interested in new resource alerts, freebies, tips, tricks, and more?
- Click the green star for new resource alerts
- Experiential Learning Facebook Community
Earn TPT Credits:
Follow Experiential Learning Depot and earn TpT credits by giving feedback on this product. A sincere thank you for your business. Feel free to contact me through email at any time with questions on this product - firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover Font Credit: MR. FISKS Fonts
Cover Mockup Credit: Bricks and Border