This is a character organizer for the novel Bull Run by Paul Fleischman.
**This activity is also included in my
Bull Run Novel Study Unit
There is an individual organizer for each character. Students will provide information for each character on the following:
• Age (or approximate)
• Whether the character sympathizes with the Union or Confederacy (context clues may have to be used)
• Family (siblings, parents, children, etc. and any details about them)
• Interesting Facts
• Any dreams/hopes for the future a character may have (freedom, win the war for the Union, etc.)
• Location (where the character lives/is from or places they go in their entries
• Involvement in the Civil War
• Significant Events Experienced – anything important that the character experiences
• Hopes/Fears – is there anything the character is afraid of?
• Memorable Quote - a quote from a character in one of their entries that stands out to the student
**Draw a picture within the circle**
The organizer is intended for students to keep track of the characters as they read. They can continuously fill out the character organizers as they read the book, as many characters continue entries throughout the story.