Bulletin Board Set: This is a classroom tested resource aimed at supporting your students writing skills.
I set up this display at the beginning of the school year and keep it up permanently. However it is constantly updated since it includes 195 headers as well as blank editable headers. I change the headers regularly depending on the focus of my writing lessons.
The sentence opener headers feature a door graphic and the connectives headers feature a jigsaw piece. I find these graphics work well to reinforce the concepts of opening a sentence and joining two sentences together.
Editable files are in powerpoint format to enable you to easily change the font/color/size of text.
Please note that since this resource is aimed at emergent writers the verbs included are in the PAST tense (as the vast majority of my lessons are based on my students real life experiences).
- Teacher Set Up Guide (see Preview file)
- Bunting Spelling the Word "Writing" (editable)
- 6 different co-ordinating label designs
- 6 x posters (editable)
- "Who?" Poster and Headers: I, cousin, mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, aunt, uncle,sister, brother, baby, friend, cat, dog, police officer, vet, doctor, dentist, teacher, librarian, farmer, fire fighter, chef, crossing guard, janitor, mail carrier, plumber, trash collector
- "What?" Poster and Headers: played, painted, ate, drank, wrote, read, looked, watched, swam, built, planted, watered, ran, cried, said, went, thought, hugged, danced, slept, won, cut
- Sentence Opener Headers: The, My, I, We, He, She, They, It, First, Then, Next, Finally, On, During, When, Also, Before, Eventually, Although, Afterwards
- Connectives Headers: and, but, so, then, because, when, if, after
- "When?" Poster and Headers: today, yesterday, last night, last week, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, weekend, birthday, Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas
- "Where?" Poster and Headers: park, beach, zoo, school, house, circus, airport, farm, fire station, store, library, museum, hospital, police station, church, coffee shop, movie theatre, post office
- "Why?" Poster and Headers: to visit, to play, to see, to take photos, to learn, to relax
- "How?" Poster and Headers: *weather* cloudy, sunny, windy, snowy, rainy, stormy, cold, hot *feelings* angry, anxious, bored, confident, disappointed, frightened, embarrassed, excited, hurt, interested, jealous, upset, surprised, thoughtful, airplane, helicopter *transportation* car, bus, bicycle, cab, boat, train, skates, scooter, sled, skis *describing words* enormous, tiny, tall, short, cute, scary, beautiful, colorful, delicious, disgusting, comfortable, sparkly, expensive, dirty *colors* black, white, blue, brown, green, orange, pink, purple, red, gray, yellow
- Punctuation Poster and Headers: period, question mark, comma, exclamation mark, ellipses, quotation marks, capital letters, finger spaces, dash, brackets, colon, semi colon, apostrophe
If you like this product, you may also be interested in my Spotting Spectacular Work Bulletin Board Set
This download is a zipped file containing a PowerPoint presentations with editable text boxes as well as a PDF.
Thank you for visiting my store,