Lessons from Creative Counseling that will help students learn to stick up for themselves and learn to self-advocate.
Participants in the Self-Advocacy Group will:
• Gain knowledge of weaknesses and strengths
• Learn assertive (yet respectful) behavioral skills
• Build leadership skills and resiliency
• Speak up for themselves and/or others
• Ask for what they want in a confident and respectful manner
Participants will discuss specific situations provided for them in this lesson and how they would react to each of the situations.
Participants will practice assertive responses.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License