Lessons from Creative Counseling that will help students learn to stick up for themselves and to self-advocate.
Participants in the Self-Advocacy Group will:
• Gain knowledge of weaknesses and strengths
• Learn assertive (yet respectful) behavioral skills
• Build leadership skills and resiliency
• Speak up for themselves and/or others
• Ask for what they want in a confident and respectful manner
Lesson 1 contains:
Instructions for creating a Group "Working Agreement"
A "Getting to Know You" activity
Self-assessment for students to take in order to understand their areas of possible weakness when it comes to self-advocacy and self-confidence.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License