Stop Stirring The Pot of Drama by recognizing what drama is, how it impacts others, and alternative ways of expressing feelings. Helpful for individual and girls group counseling. Activities may be used throughout the year over multiple sessions.
Interactive activities include:
1. A pot of drama potion questions that encourage thoughtful sharing of feelings from personal experiences of drama behaviors both instigated by oneself and others.
2. Identifying and changing "drama" words that reinforce strong emotions by placing words either into the drama pot or the thoughtful hat.
3. Identify "drama" behaviors that negatively impact friendships and,
identify helpful behaviors (non drama) that positively influence friendships by writing in the drama pot or thoughtful hat.
4. Challenging thought distortions that promote drama behaviors by re-framing a judgmental (drama) statement into facts (cheat sheets included).
5. Helpful coping strategies on cards (that can be provided as rewards), such as "I messages," T.H.I.N.K. strategies, friendship and self care tips, and boundary verbal responses to pot stirring behaviors.
6. Use the deck of potion/poison cards to make a "Go Fish" game, role plays, and discussion prompts.
*A gender neutral alternative version of only the task card questions is Junk Feud.