The following is a bundle of four common core-based Global History worksheets/lesson plans. Buy all four lessons through this bundle and save 15% off the price (if you purchased all four separately). Each lesson features a wide variety of readings, critical thinking questions, writing assignments, activities, and discussion opportunities. Please refer to the individual worksheets to see which common core standards are met by each worksheet/lesson and to get a preview for each lesson.
The worksheets/lessons that are in this bundle include:
Geography Skills - Five Themes of Geography - Global/World History Common Core
Topics covered in this worksheet include:
• The five themes of geography – location, place, human-environment interaction, movement, and regions.
• Absolute and relative location
• Latitude and longitude
• Various landforms and their impact on humans
• Human adaptation to their environment
Several activities in this lesson include:
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Latitude and longitude mapping activity
• Several secondary source readings
• Landforms: Positive or Negative group activity
• Nearly 15 fact-based and critical thinking questions
• An enormous amount of discussion opportunities
• NEW: HW assignment on Regions with questions
The Social Sciences - Global History
This is the second lesson in the Global History curriculum. It provides a general overview of 6 major social sciences – Economics, History, Political Science, Anthropology, Archaeology, and Geography. The lesson/worksheet includes several activities designed to promote critical thinking, teamwork, and class discussion.
Several activities include:
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson.
• Secondary source reading explaining each of the six social sciences covered.
• Using the Social Sciences Activity – Students pretend to interview several social scientists to analyze the events of 9/11 by asking a series of questions.
• What Can You Learn About This Society? Activity - Students pretend to be archaeologists to analyze a strange and shiny object (a penny).
• Includes several critical thinking questions perfect for class discussion!
Lesson Plan/Answer Key Included!
Global/World History Skills - Maps and Timelines worksheet
The following lesson focuses on developing successful map and timeline skills. It is typically taught during the first unit of the Global/World History curriculum. The lesson seeks to actively engage students in a variety of activities designed to improve their map and timeline skills such as:
• Map analysis – physical, political, and thematic – includes several questions designed to promote understanding and critical thinking.
• Steps for reading a map
• Several multiple-choice questions where map reading skills are required.
• Each student develops a timeline of his/her own life.
• Discussion of BC/AD and BCE/CE
• Steps for reading a timeline
Lesson Plan (with step by step teacher moves) and answer key included!
Global/World History Skills - Maps and Timelines PowerPoint
The following Powerpoint focuses on developing successful map and timeline skills. It would be taught during the first unit of the Global History curriculum. Students are introduced to several different types of maps and are required to answer several probing questions. Students are then introduced to timelines as they make a timeline of their own life. Included in the Powerpoint are the steps required to successfully read a map or timeline.
Introduction to Government and Economics - LOST: Building a New Society
The lesson gives an overview of several different government and economic systems which would be discussed in greater detail later in the year. In groups, students have to create a society on a deserted island by dividing up resources and determining who would lead them. Then students are introduced to the basic economic and governmental systems and determine which systems are most similar to their own "island society." This lesson fosters a sense of teamwork in students as they must come to a group decision on a variety of issues.
Each of the four lessons are taught in 75 minute block periods so each lesson can be easily shortened or lengthened.
NEW - Answer key and lesson plan (with step by step teacher moves) included!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Please follow me to receive notifications for future uploaded worksheets. Please take a moment and rate this bundle. Thanks!