Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.94 MB | 9 slides, 18 pages
The following is a six-day (75 minute periods), common core-based bundle on India. The lessons/worksheets cover early Indian civilization, Indian belief systems such as Hinduism and Buddhism, British imperialism in India and Mohandas Gandhi and Indian independence. The worksheets contain a variety of student-centered activities designed to promote critical thinking and class discussion. Purchase this bundle and save $3.00 compared to purchasing each worksheet individually.
Topics covered in this lesson:
• Take over of India by British East India Company
• Sepoy Rebellion
• Positives and negatives of British imperialism in India
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Primary and secondary source analysis with questions
• Decision making activity – Sepoy Rebellion
• British imperialism in India – Blessing or Curse creation of a poem or rap
• Enormous opportunities for class discussion
• 15 fact-based and critical thinking questions.
A 9-slide PowerPoint presentation is included that contains additional questions, photographs, maps, and other images that bring the lesson to life.
• Do now review of British imperialism in India
• What would you do? – Amritsar – Students pretend to be British General Reginald Dyer and are given a choice to make – perfect springboard for class discussion!
• Several film clips are shown from the movie Gandhi (not included) – followed by over 15 critical thinking questions
• Methods to gain independence activity and evaluation
• Primary and secondary source readings with questions.
• NEW! Salt March Reading.
• Nearly 30 fact-based and critical thinking questions overall!
• Enormous opportunities for class discussion.
Please see the individual worksheet listings for the common core standards met.
Feel free to modify this bundle however you see fit. Follow me to receive notifications when any new products are uploaded. Please take a moment to rate this bundle. Thanks!