Bundle #14 – Korea
The following is a bundle of several worksheets on Korea focusing on the Korean War and the totalitarian government of North Korea today. This bundle includes a variety of activities designed to promote critical thinking, active engagement, and thoughtful class discussion. Purchase this bundle and save $2.00 compared to buying each item separately. This bundle includes:
The Korean War Bundle - Worksheet and PowerPoint - USH/APUSH
“Was the Korean War successful?”
The following worksheet is a 75-90 minute lesson on the Korean War. The worksheet covers the following topics:
• Duck and Cover – response to fears of an atomic attack
• Invasion of South Korea by the North
• The Korean War
• Firing of MacArthur
A variety of activities are included in the worksheet as well:
• Video: Duck and Cover (link included) – students love this video!
• Value Line Activity – US commitment to fighting communism
• Partner Activity – How should Truman respond to the invasion of South Korea?
• Respond to MacArthur activity – As President Truman, write a brief letter to MacArthur responding to his critical comments.
• Primary and secondary source readings.
• 20 comprehension and critical thinking questions (properly scaffolded)!
• Endless opportunities for discussion!
This bundle also includes a 10-slide PowerPoint presentation including the aim question, maps, a political cartoon, and period photographs.
The Korean War - Truman vs. MacArthur Documents - US History/APUSH
Series of three primary source documents focusing on the firing of General Douglas MacArthur by President Harry Truman during the Korean War. The worksheet includes a brief secondary source reading setting up the battle between Truman and MacArthur. The documents are followed by 4 comprehension and critical thinking questions perfect for class discussion.
Totalitarianism in North Korea worksheet - Global/World History
Aim: How has the situation in Korea changed since the end of the Korean War?
This is a 75-minute worksheet on the rise of totalitarianism in North Korea over the past 6 decades. The worksheet includes:
• An aim
• A do now that appropriately sets up the lesson – results of the Korean War (review) and a critical thinking question on nations acquiring nuclear weapons
• Secondary source reading tracing the rise of the Kim family from the end of the Korean War to today.
• Links to two vice videos:
o “Vice Guide to North Korea" (show approximately 5 minutes)
o “The Hermit Kingdom” (show approximately 30 minutes)
• Over ten analysis and critical thinking questions are included that are perfect for class discussion and active engagement.
This product can easily be modified to fit a longer or shorter class period. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns, no matter how small. I want you to be totally clear on what you are getting when you purchase from my store.
Please follow me to receive notifications about newly uploaded products. Please rate this product after purchase! Thank you so much!