Bundle #16 – The Middle Ages
Four worksheet bundle covering 5-75 minute periods. Also includes four readings with critical thinking questions. Worksheets/lessons contain a variety of activities designed to promote critical thinking and class discussion. Purchasing this bundle saves you $6.25 when compared to purchasing each product individually!
Included in the bundle are the following worksheets:
Turning Point - The Fall of Rome worksheet - Global/World History Common Core
• Do now that serves to review from previous lessons and appropriately sets up the lesson.
• Think/pair/share – causes of an empire’s fall
• Six primary and secondary source documents discussing the causes of Rome’s fall – includes an enormous amount of critical thinking question perfect for class discussion. During this activity, students also fill in a tombstone with all the reasons of Rome’s fall (A short video from Youtube could also be added)
• DBQ activity – either in class or homework – Could the fall of Rome have been prevented.
• Answer the aim.
Feudalism and the Manor System in the Middle Ages - Global History Common Core
Several topics discussed in this lesson include:
• Review of the causes of the fall of Rome
• Changes to European life due to the fall of Rome
• Feudalism – serfs, knights, lords
• Manor System (manorialism)
The activities utilized in this lesson include:
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson – timeline analysis
• Changes to European life due to the fall of Rome – pair or small group work
• Secondary source readings
• Link to feudalism video provided
• Analysis of the Ten Commandments of Chivalry
• Creation of a modern code of chivalry
• Wrap it up
• Over 15 fact-based and critical thinking questions
• An enormous amount of discussion opportunities
The Roles of the Catholic Church worksheet-Middle Ages-Global/World Common Core
Topics covered in this lesson include:
• The various roles of the Catholic Church during this time period – Stability, Charity, Preservation of knowledge, gathering money, law enforcement, offering salvation, and political power
• Cathedral building
• Church view on feudalism
Activities utilized in this lesson include:
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Roles of the Catholic Church activity – analysis of the different Church roles followed by a ranking and the writing of a thesis statement in response to a prompt.
• Primary and secondary source analysis with critical thinking questions.
• Link to video on youtube with questions attached.
• Plenty of questions and discussion opportunities.
Lasting Effects of the Crusades worksheet - Kingdom of Heaven Common Core
After a brief do now, the class watches 20+ minutes of Ridley Scott's Kingdom of Heaven and in writing, answers several key questions. The class engages in a brief discussion when answering these questions. Next, in pairs or groups, students will complete a graphic organizer that helps them analyze the significant impact the Crusades made on the world in general and Western Europe in particular. Finally, students will complete an activity that focuses their thoughts on cultural diffusion - perhaps the most important impact of the Crusades. This is an engaging lesson that offers students the opportunity to think deeply about a world-changing historical event.
"Pope Urban II Calls for a Crusade" - Reading w/ Questions-Global/World History
"The Story of the First Crusade" - Reading with Questions - Global/World History
"The Christians Capture Jerusalem" - Reading with Questions-Global/World History
"Going to Towns in the Middle Ages" - reading/questions - Global/World History
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have about this or any other product. Please follow me to receive updates on newly uploaded products. Please take a moment to rate this product. Thanks!