The following is a bundle of four common core-based Global History worksheets/lesson plans. Buy all four lessons through this bundle and save $2.00 off the price (if you purchased all four separately). Each lesson features a wide variety of readings, critical thinking questions, writing assignments, activities, and discussion opportunities. I do offer each lesson individually on this site. Please refer to the individual worksheets to see which common core standards are met by each worksheet/lesson and to get a preview for each lesson.
The worksheets/lessons that are in this bundle include:
The Rise of Adolf Hitler – Global History Common Core
• Do now – students access prior knowledge about the Treaty of Versailles and the way it punished Germany.
• Secondary source reading about the Weimar Republic
• Art analysis of several paintings from the era to understand the problems Germany was facing.
• Election of Chancellor activity - Students will pretend to be a citizen of Germany voting to choose a new Chancellor. Three options (without names) are given and students vote. Invariably, most students choose the candidate that turns out to be Hitler. This is an incredible moment where students understand how someone like Hitler could come to power.
• Primary source analysis of Mein Kampf – critical thinking questions follow.
• Tremendous amount of discussion opportunities.
• Over 10 comprehension and critical thinking questions included!
• 11 slide PowerPoint presentation including the aim, photographs, charts paintings, and other images
• Lesson plan – step-by-step teacher moves to make implementation easier.
• Answer key for all questions.
Hitler and the New Germany - Global/World History Common Core
• Do now – Hitler quote analysis
• Analysis of Nazi propaganda/Hitler quotes – critical thinking and thought provoking questions follow.
• Secondary source readings about the Third Reich & the Hitler Youth.
• Creation of an acrostic poem based on the worksheet readings
• analysis of a 15-minute clip from Triumph of the Will by Leni Riefenstahl (clip not included, but typically available on YouTube or for purchase on Amazon)
• wrap up role play activity where students pretend to be different members of Germany society and respond to the changes that took place.
• Enormous amount of discussion opportunities!
NEW! Answer key included!
The Atomic Bomb & World War II - Global History Common Core
Topics covered include:
• Island hopping campaign
• Kamikaze missions
• Battle of Peleliu
• Manhattan Project
• Atomic Bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
• Do no that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Video questions for “The Pacific” Episode 7 – Peleliu – clips available on Youtube or available at your local library. WARNING - Explicit language and violence.
• You Make the Call group activity – Atomic Bomb
• Link to BBC History of World War II – Hiroshima
• Primary and secondary source readings with questions
• Why Did They Drop the Bomb Activity
• Includes several critical thinking questions as well as many opportunities for class discussion.
NEW! Answer key included!
End of World War II, Start of the Cold War - Global/World History Common Core
The topics covered in this lesson include:
• World War II casualty figures
• Problems facing the Allies after the war.
• Yalta Conference
• Iron Curtain Speech
Several activities in this lesson include:
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Primary and secondary source analysis
• Stalin’s response – speech writing exercise
• Over 10 fact-based and critical thinking questions
• An enormous amount of opportunities for small group and class discussion.
NEW! - Answer key included!
These worksheets can easily be modified due to their creation on Word documents.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Follow me to receive notifications when new worksheet become available. Please rate this bundle if you are able. Thanks!