This convenient bundle introduces students to the world of SIR ARTHUR CONAN DOYLE and SHERLOCK HOLMES with the famous story "The Adventure of the Speckled Band."
Included in the Conan Doyle biography are
• a 5-page biography of Conan Doyle, including a number of facts readers should know about Sherlock Holmes
• 2 pages of study questions that accompany the biography and introduction
• a test to gauge students’ comprehension of the material
• answer keys for the study questions and the comprehension test
• a link to the footage of the only online interview of Doyle talking about Holmes
Following the Conan Doyle biography is a study packet of one of the most popular Holmes stories, “The Adventure of the Speckled Band.”
Your 29-page reproducible guide to the story includes…
• introductory information about the story, along with links if you prefer to read the story online
• a reproducible copy of the story
• questions and vocabulary to use as students read the story
• a vocabulary test based on vocabulary highlighted in the study guide
• a test on the story
• ideas for writing assignments based on what students learn
• ideas for individual or group research based on what students learn
• answer keys for story questions, the vocabulary test, and the story test
This study guide includes all you and your students need to travel to Victorian England and enjoy this Sherlock Holmes mystery.
This classroom-tested activity has been used successfully in middle school and high school classes. Created by Susan Thurman.
To learn about new Class Act products, discounts, and freebies, just follow me. Find my picture at the top right of any page in my store. To the right of the picture is a star with “Follow Me” beside it. Click on the star, and I’ll send you customized updates about this store.