Please find before you a bundle that students find to be an exhilarating experience!
* They find it exhilarating, because after going through the lesson and the accompanying activity, they readily understand a simple but confusing concept.
* The power point includes a 39 page power point over Functions and Relations along with a 19 page Math Lab written by yours truly.
* The Math Lab provides "hands-on" experience to students where they use a pair of die to reinforce the new power point concepts followed by a few analysis questions.
* They learn the difference between a function and a relation.
* They learn a number of ways in which either a function or relation can be represented.
* They learn to use the Vertical Line Test.
* They learn to evaluate and graph from Functional Notation.
* In doing the lab, they learn to determine whether an ordered pair is a solution to a given equation.
* They write the domain and range as sets of numbers.
* They determine whether or not their particular domain qualifies to be a function,
* They learn to write a basic equation making their particular ordered pair a solution to that equation.
* They verbalize in their own words the difference between a function and a relation.
* Finally, they employ the Vertical Line Test to decided if their set of ordered pairs qualifies as a function or simply a relation.
* This is a very enjoyable activity to bring students to full and complete understanding of Functions and Relations.
DO have fun with it!