Bundle of 19 editions of On the Dance Floor Real World Performance Task for 5th grade
In the On the Dance Floor Performance Task, students use their favorite artists to practice identifying points in a coordinate system, and to extend into plotting coordinates and identifying rectangles in a coordinate system in an engaging, real world context. Students take on the role of a dance choreographer and find starting positions of dancers and the distance between them.
19 different editions or versions of this Performance Task are included so students can work with the edition they are most interested in, or an appropriate edition can be chosen for the class. Some of the editions included are Beyoncé, Jay-Z, and Justin Timberlake (see full list below).
This Performance Task could be completed for one level (explained below) in one lesson only or could be extended with the other levels across 2-3 lessons.
What’s included in this Performance Task:
* Teacher Guide
– Get an overview of the Performance Task, including helpful suggestions for use and the skills and standards alignment.
* Level 1 Activity
– Laying the foundation. Students start by practicing a key skill matched to a math standard. This portion of the lesson could be used alone to practice this skill.
* Level 2 Activity
– Adding some complexity. Students integrate a different skill or set of skills which they apply to the context of the task.
* Challenge Activity
– Bring on the critical thinking! Students are stretched to reason with math and data to come to conclusions working at Webb's Depth of Knowledge levels 3-4. They might work in groups or this could be used as an extension activity.
* Finale Activities
– Extend the learning. Each Performance Task also includes a selection of options to extend the math lesson into another subject (usually ELA).
* Complete Answer Key
– All Performance Tasks come with a complete answer key for all activities.
* Job Background
– Each Performance Task enables students to picture themselves in a real world career. Information about the career is given, including entry-level education, median pay, and job outlook.
- Where new domain-specific vocabulary is used, a student-friendly glossary is included.
This set comes with both teacher and student print-outs. Teacher print-outs include a teacher guide and answer key.
Thanks and be sure to check out our other math Performance Tasks for 3rd-5th grade!
NOTE: The full list of editions included is: Ariana Grande, Beyoncé, Blake Shelton, Bruno Mars, Drake, Ellie Goulding, Jay-Z, Justin Bieber, Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Miranda Lambert, One Direction, Pharrell Williams, Rihanna, Selena Gomez, Shakira, Taylor Swift, will-i-am.
Get in touch if you would like to see other artists covered by this Performance Task.