Influential American - Revolutionary War Bundle
(These items are also sold separately)
Learn American History while strengthening reading and comprehension skills. This is not just an empty template but complete lessons with all materials provided. The flipbook is already filled with questions. Each section of the flipbook is tied to an informational text article. The articles are all provided in this download. The hours of research and preparation have already been done for you.
Students learn about influential Americans along with many Revolutionary War topics. 25 non-fiction articles and 5 flipbook graphic organizers.
1. Early years – What growing up was like for George.
2. George Washington’s Jobs – Learn about some colonial jobs that Gorge did.
3. The Revolutionary War – Gain a foundational knowledge of this event.
4. The Constitution – What is the Constitution?
5. The 1st president – George Washington’s accomplishments as 1st President.
1. Betsy Ross - A brief biography of her life and accomplishments.
2. Legacy or Legend? Explore the controversy, Did Betsy really make the first flag?
3. Apprenticeship – Find out what a colonial apprenticeship was like.
4. Colonial Privateers – Was Betsy’s husband a pirate?
5. The Flag – Learn what the colors and symbols on our nation’s flag represent.
1. Growing up – Benjamin Franklin’s apprenticeship. Who was Silence Dogood?
2. Colonial Printing – Learn what using a printing press was like.
3. Franklin and Politics – Franklin played many different roles in politics.
4. Declaration of Independence – Information about the significance of the Declaration.
5. Benjamin Franklin’s inventions – From electricity to libraries, see what Benjamin invented.
1. Abagail Adams – A brief biography.
2. Events in Boston – Information on the Boston Massacre.
3. Smallpox – Why was Abagail so afraid of the smallpox?
4. First Lady – A few details about her time as first lady.
5. Letters to John Adams – Read an actual exurb from one of Abigail’s letters
1. Biography – A brief overview of Thomas Paine’s Life.
2. Patriots and Loyalists – Learn the vocabulary. Why would some colonists stay loyal to Britain?
3. Common Sense – A simple pamphlet that started a revolution.
4. Valley Forge – Learn about the birthplace of the American Army.
5. Saving the Soldiers – “These are the times that try men’s souls…”
A PDF document that contains the printable flipbook. The students will assemble their flipbooks. Then they can answer the questions in the flipbook after reading the articles. The teacher can present the articles to the whole class or the students can work in groups to complete the activity. Instructions and an answer key are contained within.
Page 1 and page 2 should be printed front and back with page 2 upside down.
Page 3 and page 4 should be printed front and back with page 4 upside down.
Cutting and Assembling: Cut along the solid lines where scissors are shown. Then fold the dashed lines. Put the booklet together by stacking the folds inside of each other. “Happy Birthday” should be on top. Staple the booklet together and glue it beneath the picture.