Reinforce the skills of naming ionic compounds and writing their formulas in your high school chemistry course. Use the task cards, assessment, and other resources as a bell-ringer, quiz, study station, review; students will be practicing naming ionic compounds and writing their formulas.
• Concept summary handouts for students, with detailed explanations of how to write the formula for an ionic compound, how to name an ionic compound, and tips and hints regarding how to know the charge on an ion, including ions with variable charges.
• Summary sheet of common polyatomic ions to be used as a reference. This makes a great poster for the classroom!
• 20-question practice quiz with full answer key.
• 50 reversible task cards to practice writing ionic compound formulas and names
• The front side of each card states the name of a compound and asks for the correct formula; the reverse side of each card states the formula (of the same compound) and asks for the name
• Help cards for students, with tips to be used as a resource when writing ionic compound formulas and names
Bundle discount of 20%
Ways to use Task Cards:
• Classroom skill-building games.
• Group activities.
• Individual, targeted practice.
• Study stations.
• Bell-ringer activity.
• Unit review.
• The possibilities are endless! You will come up with your own uses.
Tips for making this product a resource you can use year after year:
1. Print out all the pages containing the Task Cards – there are four cards per page.
2. Each card has a front and back – they are numbered at the top.
3a. The cards are designed to be printed double sided.
3b. If you print them single sided, cut out each individual card, just outside the borderlines and align the matching front/back pairs back to back.
4. Place the cards in a laminating folder. You can fit four front/back sets per laminating folder.
5. Laminate the set of cards, being careful to keep them aligned.
6. Cut out the laminated cards – you now have a set of laminated Task Cards, with front and back.
You might also like:
Bundle: Balancing Chemical Equations and Task CardsBundle: Dimensional Analysis and Task CardsNet Ionic Equations
~ Art of Science and Math
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly! It helps me plan future products to create, to add value to the TpT community.
If you like this style of teaching, be the first to know about my new product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store.
© 2015 Art of Science and Math. This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote.