I have combined the "Monster Puzzles" over 45-45-90 and 30-60-90 triangles into one product to offer as a discounted bundle.
* These two puzzles are awesome!
* They involve a collage of triangular figures where the triangles are strictly 45-45-90, 30-60-90 degree triangles.
* Students are given only one dimension on the figure.
* From there, they must calculate the remaining dimensions using their knowledge about these triangles.
* The second figure includes a circle with the 45-45-90 triangles.
* This is a great activity to guide students along in mastering the ratios of the sides of these very special triangles.
* Instructors may want to have competitions with these puzzles with groups within the class, or they may wish to use the puzzles as extra credit. Also, students might enjoy working in pairs.
* Let me add here that students face a challenge in solving for the measurements on the puzzle (hence, the appropriate name: "MONSTER PUZZLE"), while at the same time, they find the puzzles to be a great deal of fun!
* These puzzles are intended to be a great learning tool for students once they have learned to use these ratios.