Eratosthenes was a brilliant and well-known mathematician in history.
* He devised the sieve analogy that he was able to use to separate prime numbers from composite numbers.
^ The importance of prime numbers is discussed as being the foundation all of natural numbers, and an explanation as to why is given.
* Some interesting background on prime numbers is provided in the lesson for students to enjoy.
* There are three activities contained in this product.
* A concluding pictorial biographical research assignment (with rubric) is included in the assignment, and instructors will be able to display the work of their students in the classroom.
* Additionally, there is an option at the end of the three activities for your students to answer an extra-credit research "challenge" question.
* You may wish to separate the three activities and do them on two or three separate days.
* Kids always love finding the prime numbers using Eratosthenes' method!
LOVE to teach!