This is an "Enduring Issue" essay modeled on the draft New Regents examinations in New York State scheduled to being in 2019 for grade ten as described at EngageNY.
This essay is suitable for students who have studied world history at a high school level from first civilizations to 1200 CE. (This is ninth grade course material.)
Though the new exam only addresses grade 10 material, students who are taught to write this sort of essay right from grade 9 will be more successful!
This product includes the following:
1. The essay prompt in PDF, ODT, DOXC, and RTF format
2. A grading rubric
3. A zip file of audio of the documents for students who need their documents read to them.
4. A zip file that can be uploaded to TeachersWebHost.com for online essay composition and assessment
5. A silent screencast showing how a student writes an essay at TeachersWebhost.com and how a teacher assesses the student's work at that site.
6. A PowerPoint for students to introduce them to writing this kind of essay
I use this essay in my 9th grade Global class in April.