Bundle -NYS Global 9 Enduring Issue Essay g9w30 **New Regents Style**
This is an "Enduring Issue" essay modeled on the draft New Regents examinations in New York State scheduled to begin in 2019 for grade nine as described at EngageNY.
This essay is the enduring issue essay my students do at around week 30 of the school year. NYS Social Studies Framework references addressed: 9.1, 9.3b, 9.4c, 9.5a, 9.7b.
This product includes the following:
1. Student version of the essay prompt in PDF and DOCX format ("Enduring Issue No. 1 - STUDENT")
2. Teacher version of the essay prompt in PDF and DOCX format ("Enduring Issue No. 1 - TEACHER"). This includes Social Studies Framework references, suggestions for teaching from my experience, and suggested enduring issues likely linked to the documents that students could see.
3. Sample simulated student essays at different score levels for rating purposes ("Enduring Issue Essay No. 1 - Sample Essays")
4. A grading rubric ("Enduring Issue -- Rubric"). This is my rubric, built on the NYS guidance videos for constructing these test items as well as elements of writing across rubrics I typically use.
6. A zip file ("TeachersWebHost.com_WritingPrompt.zip") writing prompt that can be uploaded to TeachersWebHost.com for online essay composition and assessment. TeachersWebHost.com integrates well with Google Classroom with more sophisticated (and time-saving!) assessment tools.
7. A silent screencast showing how a student writes an essay at TeachersWebhost.com and how a teacher assesses the student's work at that site.
8. A PowerPoint for students to guide learning to write this essay ("Enduring Essay No. 1.pptx"). Powerpoint includes a copy of each document from the essay for whole group discussion.
9. A folder with the documents in image format ("SBMC_QUESTIONS_files").
10. Teacher version of a set of stimulus-based multiple-choice questions on the documents ("stimulus-basedMC_Teacher.html"). This is a different part of the new Regents exam (part I). The document included is in HTML. It has each document along with stimulus-based multiple-choice questions using the task models set out by NYSED for test item development. Chart includes reference to task model, performance level descriptors, framework reference, and evidence. This document requires the folder "basedMC_Teacher_files" to display the stimuli.
12. A ZIP file for upload at TeachersWebHost.com ("multiple-choice_for_TeachersWebHost.com") to generate your own multiple-choice activities using these documents in stimulus-based multiple-choice format.