Products in this Bundle (8)
showing 1-5 of 8 products
Host a STEM Family Night to generate excitement for STEM through hands-on activities and engage the whole school in the benefits of STEM learning!
This all-inclusive planning guide has everything you need to host a successful STEM Family Night! The guide was created after experience hosting several successful Family Nights with over 350 participants. The activities have been vetted by math and science teachers for both elementary and middle school participants and their families. We hope this guide will give you the confidence to host your own amazing STEM Night!
A STEM Family Night is an evening of hands-on academic activities for students and families to explore together. STEM stations are aligned to elementary and middle school science and math standards and connect to relevant STEM career pathways. Stations activities include science, math, technology, engineering, programming, STEM careers, design principals, and art. These stations would also be relevant for a “STEAM” event as art, creativity, and design are inherent to all the activities.
Activity Guides Includes:
- Build A Boat
- Mighty Machines
- STEM Mural
- Drag Device
- Tallest Tower
- Computer Animation
- Blobs In A Bottle
- Space Docking
- Straw Rockets
- Heart Rate Math
- Paper Football Game
- Bird Feeder
- Hoop Glider
Five Bonus Stations!
15. Forensics Fun
16. Explore the Universe Scavenger Hunt
17. Makey Makey Activity
18. Paper Circuits
19. Stop Motion Animation
Planning Guide Includes:
- Overview including step-by-step planning instructions
- STEM Night Planning Checklist
- Budget including links to materials
- Editable Marketing Materials
- 14 STEM Night Challenges that include: Materials required, Teacher instructions, Station Sign, Participant hand-outs, Pictures of activity in action
- Engineering Design Process Poster
- Editable STEM Night Passport
- STEM Resource Handouts
Read more about STEM Family Nights here.
About STEM Challenges: Click here to learn more about the 3 Stages of STEM. STEM challenges are an engaging way to incorporate the engineering design process into your classroom or afterschool program! These hands-on activities allow students to work in teams, apply the engineering design process, and connect science topics to real-world applications. The teacher will provide the structure to the project, but students will take an active role in designing and building their own device.
• Click the Green ★ to follow our store and get notifications of new products and freebies
• Leave feedback to receive TpT credit for use on future purchases
• Questions? Contact us in the Product Q&A section
♥ Connect With Us ♥