It's here! 20% OFF! Three lessons about three popular Broadway subjects--Wicked the musical, actresses and singers Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth. AND....a hybrid lesson using Boom cards while studing costume design with Wicked as its focus. Looking for a seven to ten day study? Begin with Wicked and its extension activities (individually or what a partner), then study the actresses who originated the roles in Wicked and finish with costume design. Voila!
Included in the Wicked lesson:
- Letter to Teacher
- Warm Up--MY Version of a Popular Physical Warm Up
- Teacher's Script--what I say and how I say it!
- Photos from the Broadway Production
- Separate File of Slides for Teacher to Use to Lecture
- Plot of the Musical
- History about the Origination of the Production
- Information concerning the composer, Steven Schwartz
- Information about the playwright, Winnie Holzman
- A Shortened Lesson on : What are the Tony Awards?
- Tony Awards it Received
- What are the Tony Awards
- New York City Map with Competing Theaters Labeled
- Student Note Page
- Teacher Note Page Key
- Quotes from the Musical--Good for Discussions and Assignments
- Extension Activities--One Pager Assignment, a Terrific Way to Secure the Learning and Enrich the Experience
- One Pager Templates
- Sources & Links to Film Clips from the Show
Included in the Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth biographies and one-page assignments:
- Letter to teacher explaining the lesson
- Student note sheet
- Teacher's key
- One-pager template for assignment
- One pager example of assignment
- Enrichment activities
- Sources including three links to videos of Menzel's performances
In addition, these bios. are a great springboard for discussion concerning goals, tenacity, determination and professionalism.
There is more to theater than just improvisation, plays and games. I teach theater with a twist. This is an example of what I mean.
Comprehensive? You bet.
Do you follow me? If not, I hope you will. Follow Me
Check out my other TPT products at: Dramamommaspeaks
Here's what reviewers have said of Dramamommaspeaks products:
“A resource that includes everything you need! Two-days of diving into the world of Tony Awards, students will love it. Brimming with fascinating trivia!”
“WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS!”
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for eac