Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.82 MB | 38 pages
This is a Bundle of 2, on The Beginning of School – Parent Open House Activities. The bundle includes a scavenger hunt for parent and student engagement. Following is an example of three of the activities for the scavenger hunt.
Welcome to (your name) (your subject or grade level) grade classroom. Please sign in and leave your email address. Take a few moments and have fun with the Scavenger Hunt.
1. Locate the Agenda on the board. List the three categories.
2. Locate “On your Desk” on the board. List three things that must be on the student’s desk at the beginning of each class period.
3. What must a student do to earn 10 Extra Credit Points each week?
There are seven more activities on the purchased document.
The power point presentation is a 38 slide highly animated, editable presentation I have used for both the Parent Open House and for review with students at the beginning of the year. It is geared to late Elementary and Middle school students.
The presentation is far more than you need but you can hide slides to use only those sides needed for the presentation. I usually let it run in the background as I meet with parents, stopping only as I need to, to clarify.
The presentation covers six sections:
1. The basic materials needed and order of instruction
2. For students and student expectations
3. Behaviors and consequences
4. Parental support
5. The Interactive Notebook
6. Important information for parents
This is one of several power point presentations that I offer in my store on... the Beginning of school.