Do you love the cards for games, practice, literacy centers and more, but can't decide which set to buy? I now have six- make that SEVEN different sets, so I thought it would be a good time to bundle them together and offer a 30% discount. You will save 30% over buying each of the sets individually. That is getting almost 2 sets for free. As an added bonus, when I add new sets, you can redownload the file and get the added sets for FREE!
Author's Purpose Cards
Text Structure Cards
Text Structure Cards SET 2
Figurative Language Cards
Simile and Metaphor Cards
Fact and Opinion Cards
Point of View Cards
JUST ADDED 9-2015
These cards are so versatile and my students are always engaged when I use them in my classroom. Here are a few ways in which I use them.
1. Use with blank game boards. (I have free game boards available in my TpT store.) At the beginning of each turn, the student must draw a card and identify type of figurative language, text structure, author's purpose etc.. If the student is correct, he/she gets to roll the dice/spinner and move his/her pawn.
2. Use as a competitive game with partners or small groups. Each student who draws a card and correctly identifies the correct answer to the card keeps the card. The winner is the student who collects the most cards. You can throw in a few "Gotcha" cards if you like. When a Gotcha card is drawn, the student loses all his collected cards.
3. Use as a literacy center for students to use independently with a sorting mat. Use the answer key to self check.
4. I’ve included a student worksheet to use as a center or independent activity. Students will use the cards to identify the author's purpose, text structure, etc..
5. Use the cards in a game of “Scoot”. Place a card at each desk. Give each student a recording sheet. They “scoot” around the room in a given pattern and record the answers on their sheet. Great for times when students need a movement activity.
I’m sure you will find many creative uses for these cards. These are a just few I’ve used in my classroom. I would love to hear your ideas as well. Please leave a comment about your ideas on the feedback section of my TpT store.