Give your students lots of practice citing evidence with these four lessons! While each lesson focuses on an different literary technique, students are asked to look for details and cite evidence in constructed response in all four lessons!
Teaching literary standards through the arts is a fresh and innovative way to engage and inspire your struggling and advanced students! These lessons will fit right in with your reading or writing workshop and are aligned with Common Core!
Each lesson in this series features a different painting by Vincent Van Gogh and helps to teach specific reading techniques.
The Potato Eaters - Citing Evidence in Your Answers
Bedroom in Arles - Drawing Inferences
Church at Auvers - Determining the Importance of Setting
First Steps (after Millet) - Making Predictions
Included in this lesson bundle is:
* An introduction to using the arts to teach literary techniques
* Four lesson plan formats for reading or writing workshop, including minilesson, independent work, share, assessment, and technology connection
* A brief history of the art and artist for each of Van Gogh's featured works
* Four constructed response answer sheets with five questions per lesson
* Four creative response answer sheets
* Four full page copies of the artwork to display or print, one for each of the featured paintings
* A rubric for scoring constructed response answers
* A sample chart for writing constructed response questions.
Teaching with these lessons couldn't be easier! Just copy the constructed response sheets and the creative response sheets for your students. You can teach these lessons in whole group, in cooperative groups, or individually. Students will be asked to analyze, compare and contrast, infer, draw conclusions, and cite evidence to support their answers.
Your students will be inspired by the art and challenged by the questions which focus on higher order thinking and are aligned with Common Core! Purchase the bundle today to get all four Van Gogh lessons at a discounted price!
Tips from Smartsy and Artsy:
Like this product? Share with others!
Pin this product on Pinterest so others will find it! Start a new board for Smartsy and Artsy products or add it to an existing board! Just click on the Pin It button on the left side of this page and share with others! Thank you.
Keep up with Smartsy and Artsy!
Learn about our new products, sales, and discounts! Become a follower of Smartsy and Artsy by clicking on the green star on any of our pages and receive email updates in your TPT inbox.
Leave feedback and receive TPT credit!
Did you know that you can build up TPT credit by leaving feedback on our products? You can submit feedback at the time of purchase or go to My Purchases for a list of what you have bought in the past. Next to each title is a Leave Feedback button. Click and leave a rating and comment to receive the credit. Go to TPT Credits to learn how to redeem your credits on future purchases!