This PDF includes 6 pages of worksheets to supplement any Spanish Civil War unit. Materials include:
* Pre-unit discussion questions to spark conversation related to war both at home and abroad
* A short reading on the basics of the Spanish Civil War and comprehension questions (both Spanish only and version with English comprehension questions included)
* A short reading on the bombing of Guernica and a T/F activity
* A short reading on the painting Guernica and reflection questions in Spanish
* A reading on repression under Franco with an activity that encourages students to annotate and interact with the text
* An end of the unit writing activity that allows students to demonstrate and reflect on what they have learned about the Spanish Civil War in the target language
All worksheets include a word bank or footnotes with definitions of unfamiliar phrases. These worksheets rely on many cognates and high frequency structures. They would be most appropriate for a CI based second semester Spanish II or Spanish III class.