Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- When poetry is taught in relevant and engaging ways, you will find that your students get genuinely excited about writing it! The poetry mini-lessons included in this bundle are all about your students- their passions, interests, fears, hopes, and dreams. They give your students a podium to stand onPrice $6.00Original Price $10.00Save $4.00
In these poetry writing lessons you will find all of the resources you need to engage students in writing poetry centered around the following two topics:
- The sounds and smells that throw us back to a memory
- The aspects of your favorite kind of day
These lessons can easily fit in at any point in the school year as they seek to polish up student writing through the use of creative adjectives, strong adverbs, and specific sensory words and phrases. Both lessons can be used as virtual learning lessons or even an easy-to-follow, no prep plan for a substitute!
Included in the product:
- Teacher Directions for facilitating the writing of two different poems
- Grammar extensions for both poetry lessons, including a color-coding system for the parts of speech
- Includes a graphic organizer for each poem and a student handout and poster set of the 5 steps of the writing process
Additional resources you might be interested in:
Thank you and happy teaching!
©Read and Write Like It Matters