Themed-based lessons with standards-based activities are the perfect way to integrate tried-and-true methods with Common Core and 21st Century Learning.
This themed set can be used in a variety of ways! Activities are perfect for academic learning centers, large group experiences and assessments. Each activity is tied to at least one Common Core and/or NGSS Standard for Kindergarten.
The Winter Sun-Themed Unit
Winter-Themed Smart File
This set includes:
5 Theme AND Standards-Based Activities
1 Theme-Based Extended Response Item
All in both color and black/white!
1. Winter-Themed Science Book for read-aloud, guided reading, and trace/color. RF.K.1, RL.K.10, K-PS3-1, K-PS3-2
2. Winter Weather Journal Page (staple several copies to make a book) W.K.8, SL.K.5, K-ESS2-1
3. Winter-Themed Weather Graph (can be added to the Weather Journal) K.MD.B.3, K.CC.C.6, K-ESS2-1
4. Winter Cause and Effect L.K.6, K-ESS2-2. K-ESS3-1
5. Help Mr. Snowman! W.K.8, K-PS3,-1 K-PS3-2
6. Winter Extended Response Item W.K.8, K-PS3,-1 K-PS3-2
eBook File Includes:
1 Winter-Themed eBook in 2 formats - PDF and PowerPoint
Smart Notebook File Includes:
1 Winter-Themed eBook (each page has a link to a corresponding YouTube video or online game)
2 STEM-Themed Activities