Kids love learning fun facts about animals, reptiles, insects, or birds. This is a bundled set of four lessons that lets them do that as they are completing several different kinds of assignments. These lessons are designed to be done by 1st graders about sea creatures. You can do one lesson per week so this bundle will last for a month. The sea creatures are sharks, whales, manatees, and dolphins.
You have no preparation except to have books at the literacy station about the animal being studied when students complete the “Is, Have, Can” graphic organizer. If you do not have books on these creatures available, students can just use the information sheet provided. Sit back then and let the students enjoy the experience.
There are two writing worksheets that go with the “Is, Have, Can” graphic organizer. One has all writing and the other has a drawing space and a writing space. You choose which you want your students to use based on their ability level.
NOTE: If you go to my store and look under “Free” you will find a lesson on dogs. Download it and see for yourself if you like the lesson before you buy. The lessons are also offered individually but you save money by buying the bundles.
ALSO: All of these lessons are offered individually but you save money buying them in this bundle.
Each lesson contains:
• An information sheet on the animal
• A cut and paste worksheet using ideas from the information sheet
• An A, B, C order page
• An “Is, Can, Has” graphic organizer
• A “Writing about the Animal” worksheet--more able students, use this worksheet
• A “Drawing and Writing about the Animal” worksheet--less able students, use this worksheet
• A word search
• The final worksheet is different in that two of the animals have write the word in the block sheets, one worksheet has students find words that are nouns, and one worksheet has students find words that are adjectives.
Again, check out the Freebie on Dogs and see why students love doing these!