Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.54 MB | 30 pages
A complete and fully functional, stand-alone writing unit with 5 mini lessons that teach students to write a complete 5 paragraph Argument/Persuasive Essay. Includes all of my super successful instructional essay components -
1. The unit is organized in a systematic, direct instruction format with guided notes, memory devices & tips and formulaic approach to step-by-step writing instruction
2. Includes whole group, small group and individual practice activities for each instructional step (Intro, Body & Conclusion)
3. Fully color-coded teachers guide & answer keys with model paragraphs, reference articles, corresponding informational text and graphic organizers to map out writing tasks
4. Mini Lessons include:
- How to Write the Introduction w/ focus on thesis statement construction
- How to Write the Body paragraph w/ focus points on topic sentences, examples & elaboration & a practice body paragraph
- Focus Lesson on how to identify, evaluate and synthesize details from information text into examples and elaboration w/ included informational text and sample paragraph & organizer
- How to write the Conclusion w/ sample paragraph & transition word guide
- Focus lesson on revising a finished 5 paragraph argument essay w/ teacher created sample essay, guided practice and partner revision challenge assignment
Completely teacher created and used with enormous success in a High School classroom environment with ESL and Special Education student populations.