Bunnies and Chicks is designed to be a 3 week long writing project for K-2 students to practice informational writing. During the 3 weeks students will have opportunities to practice basic research skills, share information through conversation and writing, synthesize information to compare and contrast, and evaluate their writing with a rubric.
It includes the following:
- 2 KWL charts (1 for bunnies, 1 for chicks)
- 3 graphic organizers (1 for bunnies, 1 for chicks, and 1 for comparing/contrasting them)
- question and answer sentence frame cards for partner talk
- scaffolded writing paper with and without sentences starters and room for illustrations
- diagrams of bunnies and chicks
- a writing rubric
- a student writing certificate
- 3 week lesson plan
Thanks for visiting my store!