A series of activities based on the film by Marco Bellocchio. You can buy the film easily on Amazon but if not there is a link to a series of clips on Youtube. This film is an excellent way into discussions re. the anni di piombo and the brigate rosse, and Italian politics more generally.
1. Vocab list to assist with comprehension of a text on the brigate rosse
2. Summary of information on the Brigate Rosse. Scrambled version for pupils – who should use the vocab to put the text into the correct order.
3. Summary of information on the Brigate Rosse in the correct order.
4. The riddle of Aldo Moro – newspaper article
5. Aldo Moro mystery – article from The Guardian newspaper
6. Discussion re. the film – who it was directed by, what the story is about, what happened to Aldo Moro etc.
7. Clips of the film to watch, with questions for pupils to answer.
8. Simple version of the plot for pupils to put in the correct order – this could be cut up for pupils to move around.
9. Correct version of the plot.
10. Gap fill exercise on the plot of the film.
11. Table with key information on the film, to assist pupils with recall
12. La lettera a Noretta: http://www.lastoriasiamonoi.rai.it/video/la-lettera-alla-moglie-nora/48/default.aspx. Gap fill exercise based on Moro’s letter to his wife when he realized he was going to die.