Listening to lots of rules can become tedious and boring for little ones, but playing a game, doing a center activity, or making a bird booklet, helps get the “You need to know this safety stuff!” into a child’s head, in a hands-on way.
- "My students LOVED this unit!"
- “Cute & practical.”
- “Fun way to cover bus safety!
This packet includes a nice assortment of quick, easy and interesting activities, that help make learning about bus safety super-fun.
Because "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus" by Mo Willems, is a favorite of young children, I had several requests to spice up bus safety with a pigeon, so this packet matches my other bus safety packet.
- "My students LOVE the Pigeon books and were SO into this activity. We did every activity with it over a week and they were begging for more!"
- "I loved the connection to the Pigeon, all 1st graders love Mo!! Also this pack worked perfect for teaching my kiddos bus safety!"
Because this is such an important topic to share with your students, I'm pricing this packet at just $5.95 instead of the usual $7.95 for a packet of this size.
Since “National Bus Safety Month” is in October, I do a few of the activities the first few weeks of school, then others later in the fall, which is a nice review. You can also plug them in the day before a field trip.
- "I used this with preschoolers before a field trip. They really took it to heart and could explain the basic rules. Plus they just adore the pigeon. Several parents also commented on how much they appreciated the lesson and that they read/ discussed the mini-book together."
* 24, “Do” & “Don’t” sorting cards for a fun, independent center game...
- "My students enjoyed the story and all the tools to learn about bus safety. The dos and don'ts were great!"
* A Popsicle stick “pigeon puppet pal” craftivity, for whole group assessing comprehension
* A pigeon “flip the flap” booklet, which is a super-fun way to review some of the most important rules.
* 3 large, bus safety posters, you can use to introduce your lesson, then later display on a wall.
The “Stay Out of the Danger Zone!” poster, has 4, “color me” worksheet options to match.
I find that if a child colors the danger zone, they are more likely to remember what & where it is.
* There’s also a set of 24, colorful graphic rule posters, which show the various “Do’s & Don’ts” for riding a bus.
Easily turn these into a booklet with a split ring.
* The packet also includes some “paper praise” options: a slap bracelet, a brag tag necklace, a “high fives” hand print craft, plus a “color me” bus safety certificate.
- "We had so much fun with this - and they LOVED the bracelets that they wore home . . what a great idea!"
Be sure and check the PREVIEW for lots of samples.
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, wishing you a safe and successful year.
This packet MATCHES my other BUS Safety one.
Do not buy this, if you already have that packet; as the information & activities are the SAME,
Don’t forget that all my new products are 40% off for 48 hours. Click the LINK to follow my shop & you’ll be notified of these huge savings.