Be sure that you have an application to open
this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
2 MB|22 pages
Business Principles - Lesson 1: Introduction to Business Principles:
This is the first of a series of lessons for a high school Business Principles class. The slides are intended for presentation during class lecture. A small-group class activity (card game) is included, as well as a writing activity for homework.
* Wants & Needs
* Goods & Services
* Resources & Scarcity
* Opportunity Cost
* Values & Goals
* The Decision Making Progress
* Your Roles in the Business World: Consumers, Wage Earners, and Citizens
* Career Paths
* Career Clusters
* What Business Does: Organize, Manage, Produce, Market
Student handouts & activities included:
* Small-group activity: What Business Does card game with 16 cards - Organize, Manage, Produce, & Market
* Business Then & Now Career Worksheet
* Ring of Wishes Homework Assignment
It is recommended that the card game should be printed out on heavy card stock. You will need to print multiple sets (approximately 1 card set per 4 students).
Please click on the following links for more Business Principles Lessons and Business Exams: