Business and Economics – A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: A SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two fully interactive presentation slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook (after matching definitions with pictures, definitions may be secured to interactive notebook and edge of matching picture can be secured on top of it so it may be flipped up for study purposes). Students can also complete the activity during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (profit, investor, supply, demand, opportunity cost, producer, capital resource, natural resource, human resource, interest, and credit).
• Planned economy vs. free enterprise
• Steps to organizing a business (identify business type, specialization, managing money, and manufacture/sales).
• Opportunity cost explained.
• Wants vs. needs.
• Basics of economy (specialization and bartering).
• Producers and consumers
• Types of resources (natural, capital, and human).
• Money, banking, and interest.
• How credit works.
• Savings accounts explained.
• Circular Flow economy chart
The last 2 slides are white-background and used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background page is not included in the total pages. I include it in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• Activity 1 has students identify business/economic terminology through a matching activity. The vocabulary includes (natural resource, supply, demand, producer, capital resource, interest, ATM, opportunity cost, profit, investor, human resource, and credit).
• Activity 2 has the same terminology in a crossword puzzle format. Additional terms include consumers and savings.