Students identify the difference between singular and plural nouns by listening to a sentence and picking the corresponding picture.
Great for PreK classrooms and speech therapy sessions.
Create a Book: Plural Nouns
(My lesson plans for prek speech group)
• Question of the day items (two items/toys to explain how to make words plural)
• Laminated story pages (Pages should contain one or two sentences with either a plural or a singular noun)
• Laminated pictures to correspond with each page (One picture containing the singular noun and one containing the plural noun)
• Velcro (to Velcro pictures into book)
Lesson Overview: Students will create a book by choosing the picture correct picture depending on the plural or singular nouns on each page.
1. Speech Song (circle on floor): use visual and ask for volunteer to sing
2. Question of the Day : “What do I have?” (show one item)
“Now what do I have?” (Show two items)
3. Introduce activity/skills: Discuss how to make nouns plural.
“What’s the difference between ___ and ____s”
4. Activity: Show students book without pictures.
Explain that they need to help put the pictures back in the book.
They need to choose the picture that matches the sentence on each page.
Read sentence on page and show students two pictures.
Student should choose picture depending on the plural or singular noun in the sentence.
Velcro correct picture into book.
Ask student why they chose that picture.
Emphasize the s sound on the end of plural nouns.
Read completed book with pictures.
5. Wrap up: Ask students what they learned
Sing goodbye song (ask for volunteer)
Vocabulary (nouns, plural, singular)
Following directions (2 step, embedded concepts)
Pragmatic functions (request, protest, comment)
Responding to name
Asking/answering questions (yes/no, wh)
*Note: All clip art is my original work.