Busy Women's Retreat:
Building Stress Resilience & Passion Power
A One-Day Stress Doc ™ Retreat in Columbia MD (between DC & Baltimore)
http://www-stressdoc-com.blogspot.com/2014/03/busy-womens-retreat- building-stress.html [use link for full promo text]
Date &Time: Saturday May 3rd from 9:00am to 4:30pm
Where: Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel (more hotel info below)
10207 Wincopin Circle, Columbia, MD 21044 [Near I-95; off of MD 32, 29, and 175]
Cost: $125 for Sat; lunch on your own; morning and afternoon snacks provided)
More Info: 301-875-2567; email@example.com; www.stressdoc.com
Objectives: Five Critical "R & R" – Resilience and Rejuvenation – Skillsets
1. Develop Stress Resilience. Quickly Identify Stress Smoke Signals and the Popular "Four Stages of Burnout"; learn Strategic Steps for Preventing/Rebuilding from Burnout; discover Research-based Psychological Hardiness, especially vital during Transitional Times; learn the Stress Doc’s Stress Resiliency, Brain Agility, and Emotional Integrity Formula – Natural SPEED
2. Practice Good Grief. Embrace "Grief Ghosts”; differentiate among Loss, Grief, and Depression; learn how to Release Guilt/Shame and more deeply "Grieve, Let Go and Grow with the Flow"; gain guidance and support on the ever-increasing Challenge of Family Care-Taking
3. Disarming and Defusing Communication Skills. Learn to Defuse Self-Defeating Power Struggles by Asking Courageous and Trust-building "Good Questions"; distinguish Healthy from Dysfunctional Conflict; practice Meta-Communication and "I"-Message Tools and Techniques for Disarming Critical Aggressors,
4. Risk-Taking and Passion Power. Discover the Model for Creative Risk-Taking and the Doc's Four "P"s of Passion Power – being Purposeful-Provocative-Passionate-Playful (see SHRM testimonial below); learn to Challenge Your Intimate FOE – Fear of Exposure
5. Healing Humor and Team Building. Engage in the Doc's acclaimed “Intimate FOE Small Group Exercise”; experience the power of Self-Affirming Storytelling, Group Art Therapy, and sharing Healing Humor.
And most important, we will learn from one another, understanding each of our vulnerabilities and drawing on each participant’s personal-cultural strengths. As was noted by the coordinator of the first Busy Women's Retreat:
Transforming Stress, Conflict and Change into Passion Power" was itself a very powerful theme, and you were able to so skillfully present and guide the group! This subject brought a lot of heavy emotions from the women to the surface. Your ability to help the women work through their issues, and even more importantly, your ability to give them tools with which to transform their stress was truly amazing. The participants in the retreat told me personally that they were very impressed with the way that you managed the group and that they took away many things that they can use in their everyday life. Your presentation helped them to evaluate their stressors differently, to see the positive in every stress, conflict and/or change. Moreover, you helped them to realize they are not alone, and you were so skilled at allowing and encouraging others to give feedback within the group!
1) From a member of the original Busy Women's Retreat; Ann-Marie became a phone coaching client
Oct 12, 2013
I am so glad you are offering your services to many. You are an insightful man who helped me to have clarity and find my strength in chaos. I honestly believe that "God" put you in my path. I am still unsure of my future but I do know that I made the right choice. Without your understanding, patience and knowledge, I would not have been able to make that move. I may have slip-ups but I hear your voice and your words in my head and you continue to guide me.
(Phone Coaching Client)