These activities are ready to copy and go, without need for the sub to read lengthy directions. Explanations for students and for the sub are incorporated as scripts which headline some but not all worksheets. The only equipment your sub needs is a copy machine; the only supplies your kids need are pencils, crayons, scissors, and glue.
1. Morning and afternoon messages
2. Independent reader response papers for small group and/or independent seat work
3. Add and subtract problems (with regrouping)/ to fill in picture of caterpillar.
4. Practice symmetry with butterfly wings
5. Guided reading and 2 worksheets on life cycle of butterfly
6. Use action verbs to write and draw sentences about caterpillars and butterflies
7. Put verbs in ABC order
8. Use correct form of verb in a sentence
9. Reading comprehension passage and questions on the monarch migration.
10.Super 2nd Grade Skills Builder Page to review basic math and language arts skills.
11,Activities grid for sub teacher which includes description of activity; suggested variations; materials needed; and COMMON CORE STANDARD APPLIED
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License