Also included in
- Non-Fiction & Science Resources for the Whole Year. This massive bundle has non-fiction ELA & life science units for the entire year and covers many themes for each season. This bundle is a collection of 17 nonfiction resources. Every 'All About' nonfiction & science unit in my store is$108.25$216.50Save $108.25
- This NEWLY UPDATED Spring Surprise BUNDLE has around 450 pages full of science, reading, and non-fiction writing activities to teach all about FROGS, CHICKENS, BUTTERFLIES & FLOWERING PLANTS, including their life cycle, labeled diagram, fact sheets, vocabulary cards, observation journal, compare$34.50$46.00Save $11.50
This butterfly resource has 115 pages full of everything you need for a butterfly unit and classroom theme: science, reading, and non-fiction writing activities to teach all about butterflies and caterpillars. This pack has everything you need to teach about butterflies (lesson suggestions, printables, activities, anchor charts, headings for charts, templates, sorts, & much more!).
This resource includes the butterfly life cycle, butterfly labeled diagram, fact sheets, butterfly vocabulary, observation journal, compare and contrast, can/have/are, and more butterfly printable activities! Students can do butterfly research and report writing.
The activities align to the Common Core standards for Reading Informational Texts and Writing and the Next Generation Science Standards for Grades 1 & 3.
You can NOW grab this unit in the Non-Fiction & Science for the Whole Year ENDLESS Bundle! This bundle has many units covering themes for the whole year & you will get any new science unit made for FREE! Grab it NOW at the special DISCOUNTED price HERE!
The materials & activities in this butterfly unit:
*Full Listing and links to the COMMON CORE STANDARDS covered in the unit
*7 full-color FACT POSTERS with key information.
*3-4 page FACT SHEETS providing the teacher and students with information on the appearance, habitat, life cycle, diet, interesting facts.
*KWL (KNOW WONDER LEARN) Sheet
*Tons of VOCABULARY CARDS (for every word bold in the fact sheets provided)
*SORTING FACTS activity where students must cut and paste facts into the correct category (appearance, diet, etc.)
*CAN, HAVE, ARE blank sheet & optional list of facts to sort under the correct headings
*READ & RESPOND activity. Read the passage provided and answer questions and make connections based on the text.
*FINDING INTERESTING FACTS sheet is provided. Have students read and record the main facts from the fact sheets.
*ASKING QUESTIONS before, during, and after reading and learning. Blank template provided for students to record their questions.
*Many LIFE CYCLE activities and posters provided!
1) Anchor chart
2) Posters & headings to make class anchor charts
3) Mini book to write about the life cycle
4) Story book to fill in and draw pictures
5) Cut & paste labels around the life cycle
*LIFE CYCLE CRAFT
*LABELED DIAGRAM activities & posters
1) Anchor Charts
2) Posters & Heading to make class anchor charts
3) Cut & paste the labels/name the parts
*COMPARE & CONTRAST with Venn Diagrams. Sort fact sheets are provided for students to place in the correct location. Comparisons between different subjects (butterflies & frogs) and between parent and offspring (caterpillars & butterflies).
* RESEARCH TEMPLATE for students to record notes that they locate while reading the fact sheets or elsewhere. Organized into headings (diet, habitat, etc.)
*REPORT BOOKLET & WRITING PAPER are provided as a follow up to the research project. Students can put their notes into paragraph form and make a non-fiction book.
*OBSERVATION JOURNAL for in-class science activities
Look at the PREVIEW for an 11 page overview of the activities and materials provided in this pack.
Click here to see the FULL sized 400 page BUNDLED pack which includes SPRING SCIENCE & ELA BUNDLE: FROGS, BUTTERFLIES, FLOWERING PLANTS & CHICKENS for a large discount (Get 4 packs and save $8)!
You might also be interested in these Non-Fiction ELA & Science units:
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
♥Click HERE to follow our store and receive notifications of new product releases, sales, and freebies.
♥Join our email list and get weekly teacher tip emails and access to our FREE resource library.
♥Visit our website at Proud to be Primary for tons of engaging ideas for teaching kids in the classroom!
♥Join our Facebook group and connect with thousands PROUD primary teachers like yourself.
Questions, suggestions, and feedback are always welcome.
Just use the “Product Q&A” tab and I will get back to you as fast as I can!
Please ask all questions before purchasing or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Proud to be Primary