This unit has been designed for 8 to 14 year old students to plan, develop and present an afternoon tea to invited guests.
Discover what is an afternoon tea.
Plan an afternoon for guests
1. Learn the process of transformation of a butterfly
2. Discuss personal transformation.
3. Write paragraphs and learn how to write a variety of poetry such as Haiku, Dylan Thomas Portrait and shape poems.
Cooking Practices and Techniques:
1. Learn all about safety and hygiene in the kitchen.
2. Plan, make and evaluate biscuits, cakes, scones and a variety of sandwiches. Note that some packet mixes are used.
Personal Development & Relaxation:
1.Learn relaxation & meditation techniques
2. Discover how to release feelings of frustration and anger.
Butterfly Transformation Dance:
1.Create a dance to perform to music at the afternoon tea.
1.Create a handmade invitation
2. Design props for the dance.