This is a springtime easy to make glyph for your PK-2 class. Students always have fun making glyphs and they are great for bulletin boards.
Included in this unit:
*Patterns to make glyph
*Bulletin board glyph pages
*Take home glyph explanation
*Glyph Information Survey
*Two analyze the glyph pages
1. Copy Butterfly Glyph Information sheet for each student. This is optional, I have found that it keeps kids from changing their answer to match their friends ;) You can also just read the glyph aloud and have students choose the correct color without the information sheet.
2. Copy the butterfly pieces on colored paper. You may also run white and have the kids color the pieces the correct color.
3. For the dots, I use a 1” hole punch from a craft store. I have found this punch so useful in many ways! You can also run copies of dots (included) or have students draw them. For antennae, use pipe cleaners.
4. Students will assemble their glyph as shown.
5. Two optional analyze the glyph pages are included.
I hope you enjoy this springtime craft!