This Life Cycle - Butterfly pack explores the life cycle of butterflies through increasing vocabulary using reading and writing about butterflies.
This pack is also in the Animal Life Cycle Bundle which contains –
• This is a record of learning as you move through the information.
• Put the book together – instructions are included.
• Complete the first page before you start the unit.
• As you progress through the unit complete the pages in order.
• The students may go back and add information as they learn new things.
• Print and go!
• These posters will enable your students to have access to facts and diagrams.
• They will assist in correct spelling when displayed.
• There are two sets – the second set has detailed information.
• The third set has the life cycle.
• Print and go!
• This will give you two books – copy and staple together and then cut in half.
• Re read and place in your class library.
• Print and laminate for long term use.
• These jigsaws (break up cards) will assist in matching words to pictures to a statement.
Print and Go
• The following pages will consolidate and extend knowledge for all students about butterflies. Please make choices about which task are suitable for each student in your grade.
• Label parts of a butterfly
• Butterflies can/have/are
• Chrysalis can/have/are
• Pupa can/is/are
• Venn Diagram – butterfly/chrysalis
• These pages will assist in writing a report.
• Color copy and laminate.
• Add a split pin to attach the arrow.
• Spin the arrow. When it stops – the student must orally give some facts about that part of the frog cycle.
• What I know about butterflies
• Butterflies planner – with and without lines
• Information Report Planner
This pack addresses the USA ELA Common Core Standards for English – Writing
• Kindergarten - W.K.1, W.K.2, W.K.3, W.K.5, W.K.7, W.K.8
• Grade 1 - W.1.1, W.1.2, W.1.3, W.1.5, W.1.7, W.1.8
• Grade 2 - W.2.1, W.2.2, W.2.3, W.2.5, W.2.7, W.2.8
Please read the description and download the preview before purchasing. The preview clearly shows you what is included in this pack.
COPYRIGHT ©Paula’s Place
This product is for personal use in one classroom only. To share or use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses. This product may not be shared or distributed without consent from the author.
Be the first to know about my discounts, sales, free resources and new products: Look for the green star at the top of my store to ★Follow Me★
Don’t forget to get TPT credit to use on your future purchases:
I value your feedback. It helps me to make resources that meet your needs.
♥ Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.