Also included in
- This huge resource includes all of my resources for 3rd grade NGSS Life Science. This collection of resources cover the life science standards for NGSS. Students will explore in hands-on, inquiry based lessons in the 5 E Learning cycle Format They will read nonfiction scientific passages in a close$38.32$45.90Save $7.58
- Distance Learning Packets- Students love reading passages about animals. This is a collection of nonfiction passages on animals along with comprehension questions. Purchasing them together here you will save 20%, These passages have scientific information about animals in high-interest passages. S$41.40$51.75Save $10.35
- This life cycle bundle has great activities and reading passages on life cycle. The resources include nonfiction passages, close reading activities with response pages that have text dependent questions and interactive notebook flaps aligned with CCSS for 3rd and 4th grade Reading Informational Text$30.56$38.20Save $7.64
- Fourth Grade Utah SEEd Bundle This resource bundles all my 4th-grade resources for Utah SEEd into one package with a discount of 20%. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? This huge bundle includes a year’s worth of r$104.48$129.85Save $25.37
- Utah SEEd Third-grade Bundle This resource bundles all my 3rd-grade resources for Utah SEEd into one package with a discount of 20%. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? It also includes resources that address Utah Cor$121.44$146.55Save $25.11
- This third-grade science bundle includes all of my resources for third-grade NGSS,as well as third-grade resources for reading informational text. Save 20% by purchasing this huge bundle. Teachers and school districts will love this third-grade Huge NGSS Bundle with a wide variety of labs, centers,$145.20$180.75Save $35.55
- This fourth-grade science bundle includes all of my resources for 4th-grade NGSS as well as fourth-grade resources for reading informational text. Teachers and school districts will love this fourth-grade Huge NGSS Bundle with a wide variety of labs, centers, nonfiction articles, and more. This Bund$145.96$180.70Save $34.74
- This science bundle for third grade covers the entire year! You save 20% by purchasing together! This NGSS Bundle for third grade is packed full of great lessons, investigations, labs, and close readings with nonfiction passages to meet the NGSS and CCSS standards for 3rd grade! Covers all NGSS stan$84.12$105.15Save $21.03
Life Cycle of a Butterfly: Students will learn about the life butterfly life cycle and butterfly adaptations through this close reading unit. This resource provides you with a complete unit for studying the Life Cycle of a Butterfly.
This unit includes:
- an observation book
- butterfly life cycle wheel
- a four-page nonfiction passage
- response pages
- 15 interactive notebook flaps and folds
- Text-Dependent Comprehension pages
- Writing Prompts
- a True False Sort
- a life cycle sort.
Students will be motivated to read to learn all about these interesting insects and their life cycles and adaptations.
This unit is aligned with CCSS on reading and writing the informational text for 3rd grade and 4th grade. It is also aligned with NGSS Life Science standards for 3rd Grade and 4th grade. Students will love reading and learning about the butterfly life cycle.
This is a huge integrated unit. If all the pages are used, it would take about three weeks to complete...long enough to hatch some painted lady butterflies in your classroom (21 days). However, you do not need live insects to use this unit.
See more information on life cycle of a butterfly
Aligned with NGSS for both third and fourth grade.
NGSS 3-LS1-1. Develop models to describe that organisms have unique and diverse life cycles but all have in common birth,
growth, reproduction, and death.
NGSS 4-LS1-1. Construct an argument that plants and animals have internal and external structures that function to support
survival, growth, behavior, and reproduction
This resource is also aligned with the science standards for Utah third grade and fourth grade.
Utah SEEd 3.2.1 Develop models to describe patterns of change that organisms go through during their life cycles. Emphasize that organisms have unique and diverse life cycles, but all have in common birth, growth, reproduction, and death.
Utah SEEd 4.1.1
Construct an explanation from evidence that plants and animals have internal and external structures that function to support survival, growth, behavior, and reproduction. Emphasize comparing the internal and external structures of plants and animals within the same and across various Utah environments (deserts, wetlands, forests).
Science topics addressed include:
Butterfly life cycle
Diversity between species
Lifecycle of a butterfly
Structure and function of butterfly external body parts
The four-page article focuses on the life cycle of a butterfly.
Nonfiction Reading and Writing Skills addressed include:
Main Idea and supporting details
How graphics support the text
Answering text-dependent comprehension questions
Paragraph writing: descriptive and informative
Constructing an explanation
Remember that leaving feedback earns you TPT points toward future purchases. Also, FOLLOW ME to be notified when new products are added. This is a huge bonus because my products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted
Students love my reading comprehension passages and questions! See my other resources: