Have your students think like a scientist while observing the amazing changes in a butterfly's life cycle! If you have the opportunity to watch living larva make the metamorphosis to adult butterfly in your classroom, use this observations booklet so students can record what they see daily with their pictures and words. Two posters to display near the butterfly observation center encourage students to notice the BIG changes taking place and work quietly - Shhh...metamorphosis happening!
This packet includes:
(1) Pages to be copied back to back and assembled to make booklets for each student to use to record their life cycle observations over a 1 - 3 week time period. Booklet pages include-
*Cover page with title and student's name
*Inside cover with checklist of expectations for what each
observation, drawing, and writing should include
*Daily observation pages (copy as many pages as needed)
*Inside back cover with reflection on a question the student may
have after observations are completed and can be researched
(2) Reflection sheet with open-ended questions students answer by using their observation booklets and their experience
(3) Two posters to display near the observation center: "Look! Observe! Ask! Inquire! Big changes happening in here!" and "Shhh...metamorphosis taking place!".
How do you assemble these booklets?
(1) For each student, COPY Cover/Title sheet back to back with Guideline/Back Cover "I Wonder?" sheet.
(2) For each student, COPY Observations sheets back to back. Copy as many pages as needed for your observations. For example, if your observations will last for 12 days, make 6 back to back observations copies.
(3) COMPILE pages face down with the cover sheet on the bottom, followed by the observation pages.
(4) FOLD pages in half vertically from top to bottom.
(5) STAPLE once or twice on fold line.
(6) ENJOY USING the observation booklets to see what your young scientists have observed!