Butterfly Life Cycle Science Unit Nonfiction Informational Text
What educators are saying
This unit will help your students understand the metamorphosis of an egg changing into butterfly. It comes complete with a journal that has text to explain the process as well as writing, recording and activities to go along with your exploration of caterpillars. It is perfect to go along with a cup of caterpillars. Also included are colorful posters to demonstrate the butterfly life cycle, loads of writing activities, connections to Monarch Butterflies by Gail Gibbons and The Hungry Caterpillar. Two fun crafts are included too, a caterpillar and a butterfly. This unit can be used for distance learning and google classroom with the new TpT digital tool.
What is included:
- 20 page butterfly journal to use when your butterflies arrive or use the pages separately
- cut and paste 4 pictures to the lifecycle
- posters for schema, new learning, and misconceptions
- anticipation guide for the story Monarch Butterflies by Gibbons
- Web and informative writing paper for All about Butterflies
- Butterflies can, have, and are chart
- All about Butterflies fill in the blank writing
- Opinion prewriting and writing activitiy
- Butterfly lifecycle prewriting and writing
- alphabetizing vocabulary words
- word search
- asking vs. telling
- making words
- metamorphosis vocabulary page
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar-sequencing, beginning, middle, and end, and text to self
- Venn diagram to compare and contrast a caterpillar to a butterfly
- real photographs of a labeled butterfly
- real photos of eggs, j hook, chrysalis, caterpillar, & butterfly
- Colorful posters with arrows to demonstrate the butterfly lifecycle
- caterpillar craft
- butterfly craft
Please note that the journal also in this BUTTERFLY UNIT.
Make sure to Follow Me so you know when I post new products. All products are 20% off the 1st 24 hours. You don't want to miss out!
If you would like to join me live to discuss these ideas and more in my classroom, please join my private group.
JOIN MY GROUP ~ FIRST GRADE ROARS ~ CONNECT & COLLABORATE ON FACEBOOK.
Some other fun ways to connect....