Teach high-level academic vocabulary about the life cycle of butterflies along with anatomy of insects through this interactive, fun, & mellow song:) In this set, I've included:
1. The video on TpT along with a private link to the same video on Vimeo. Here, you can stream it outside of your TpT account and also download it (for classroom use only). ***I recommend giving children a focus topic before watching. It can be as specific as, "After the video, tell me the four stages in the butterfly's life cycle" or as vague as, "Learn something new every time you sing...I'll ask you what you learned after the video." This "paves the way" for quick formative instruction and quality classroom conversations!
2. The song as an mp3--great for encouraging students to read as they sing.
3. The karaoke version
4. Lyrics (full-color for projecting and class books, black-and-white for student versions).
5. MOTIONS! I highly recommend doing motions with this song. As students "become" butterflies, high-level concepts come to life!
6. A "Butterfly Life Cycle" poster, in full-color and black-and-white.
7. A poster that points to the head, thorax, abdomen, compound eyes, legs, symmetrical wings, and antennae, in full-color and black-and-white.
8. A no-prep cut-and-paste life cycle 1-page activity.
9. A low-prep FLIP BOOK that has room for children to write about the stages in the butterfly's life cycle. (Just cut out 5 rectangles, put them in order, and staple.)
10. A paragraph about butterflies. Students cut and paste key words. Next, they color code the main idea, supporting details, and wrap-up statement.
You may also like my
31-video "Common Core KinderMath" Kindergarten Math Videos Growing BUNDLE
38-video Common Core 1st Grade Math Growing BUNDLE
Poetry Songs and Videos--With Deedee Wills
Guided Reading Strategies and Activities (Including 8 Songs)--With Deanna Jump