Common Core science standards 1.L.1. and 1.L.2. relate to life cycles and what organisms need to grow and develop. This 27 page lesson bundle helps you teach the life cycle of a butterfly to your students through bright illustrations, easy to follow posters, and informational texts! I used these in my first grade classroom and my students loved it! This bundle includes:
1. 5 large posters with illustrations and key vocabulary words.
2. A butterfly life cycle flow chart
3. A butterfly life cycle flow chart with fill in the blanks
4. A butterfly life cycle match the word to the correct pictures worksheet.
5. 2 page illustrated informational text about the life cycle of a butterfly.
6. An assessment related to the informational text.
7. A read the sentence worksheet and draw in the matching illustration about the life cycle.
8. A writing prompt about the life cycle of a butterfly and extra writing page.
9. A creative writing prompt about imaging yourself as a caterpillar and describing what your life would be like.
10. An 8 page printable butterfly life cycle book (students can cut out, color, and assemble in order.
11. A butterfly symmetry worksheet.
12. A butterfly and caterpillar comparison worksheet.
13. A butterfly and _____________ (students pick their own animal) comparison worksheet.
14. A caterpillar and ____________(students pick their own animal) comparison worksheet.
15. Comparison worksheet where students draw in the 2 animals they picked to compare.
Teacher tip: This unit also includes many other common core first grade standards, such as writing informational pieces (1.W.1) and asking and answering key details from a text (1.RIT.1)
Please FOLLOW ME for me fun products and FREEBIES! Also, check out my blog: www.mtasch.edublogs.org to see our classroom routines, ideas, and fun!