Butterfly Spring Science Unit - Reading & Writing Activities - Life Cycle Craft
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Do you need lesson ideas and activities to teach your students about chickens, butterflies, frogs and flowers? Make learning about these 4 topics exciting this spring with these engaging non-fiction ELA and science mini-lessons and activities for the entire spring season! This bundle of resources wiPrice $24.00Original Price $40.00Save $16.00
- Teach non-fiction, animal, and science topics ALL YEAR with this massive bundle of 17 Non-Fiction & Animal Life Science Units for every season (fall, winter, spring, summer) of the school year. Make learning about animals, seasons, Earth Day, and other non-fiction topics fun with these engagingPrice $84.75Original Price $169.50Save $84.75
Do you need engaging lesson ideas and activities to teach students about butterflies this spring? These non-fiction ELA and science mini-lessons and activities are a fun way for your learners to discover more about caterpillars and how they turn into butterflies.
This resource will help your first grade, second grade, or third grade students build writing skills, understand informational text, and build reading comprehension while they learn interesting facts about how butterflies grow and their lives as caterpillars.
⭐ Create anchor charts to lead your lessons and use the low-prep activities to teach a comprehensive unit that supports every student in your classroom.
⭐ Students will discover all about butterflies by reading captivating non-fiction text that is written in student language and completing partner projects and independent activities.
⭐ Butterfly printable templates and materials are provided to teach how to draw and label a butterfly, the life cycle of a butterfly, conduct a butterfly research project, learn butterfly facts and vocabulary, create a butterfly craft, and more to fill your spring or insect themed unit!
What you get in this HUGE Butterflies unit:
· Visual activity instructions for your lessons
· Non-fiction children’s book list about butterflies to use for your project
· Know, Wonder, Learn (KWL) & Schema activities with anchor chart headers
· Vocabulary and fact posters with real photographs
· Vocabulary activities – matching & cards
· Fact sorting and recording pages
· Labeled diagrams of a butterfly and caterpillar
· Printable booklets for kids to fill-in, read, and draw
· Life cycle of a butterfly with anchor chart headers, activities, and mini books
· Butterfly photo analysis
· Differentiated writing prompts
· Butterfly directed drawing
· Butterfly writing and craft
· Butterfly observation journal
· Research report booklet and writing paper
· Compare & contrast butterflies and caterpillars on a Venn Diagram
**Check out the PREVIEW for a thorough look into what this resource includes!**
Why You Need the All About Butterflies unit:
• This unit provides several activities and template choices making it easy to and of your students.
• are presented to your students in a fun, engaging way with photographs to keep them focused and excited to learn more.
• This resource helps you about butterflies to of related vocabulary and facts.
• and with the included stories and ELA activities.
• , teach and organize the facts and vocabulary for this unit with the easy-to-print anchor chart pieces.
• Use the included tools to facilitate a fun butterfly research project!
The best part? This resource as it comes with and everything you’d need to teach your students about butterflies.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Amanda K. says,” This was great to use a resource that was really about butterflies. They loved learning about the information in this packet.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Kristi S.. says, “This is an absolutely phenomenal resource for my "Growth and Changes in Animals" Science unit!!! Thank you so much for creating this =).”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Courtney T. says, “My students loved this resource and were engaged throughout the activity!”
⭐️ Bundle & save for a discount ⭐️
♥♥The Nonfiction & Animal Science Units Whole Year Bundle is available at a HUGE DISCOUNTED PRICE. Get your entire year’s worth of engaging non-fiction and life science units (17 included) to make your yearly planning a breeze! ♥♥
The activities align to the Common Core standards for Reading Informational Texts and Writing and the Next Generation Science Standards.
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):
First grade-W.1.2, W.1.7, RI.1.1, RI.1.2, RI1.3, RI.1.4, RI.1.5, RI.1.6, RI.1.7, RI.1.9, RI.1.10
Second grade-W.2.2, W.2.7, RI.2.1, RI.2.2, RI2.3, RI.2.4, RI.2.5, RI.2.6, RI.2.7, RI.2.9, RI.2.10
Third grade-W.3.2, W.3.7, W.3.8, W.3.10, RI.3.1, RI.3.2, RI.3.3, RI.3.4, RI.3.5, RI.3.6, RI.3.7, RI.3.9, RI.3.10
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
♥Click HERE to follow our store and receive notifications of new product releases, sales, and freebies.
♥Join our email list and get weekly teacher tip emails and access to our FREE resource library.
♥Visit our website at Proud to be Primary for tons of engaging ideas for teaching kids in the classroom!
♥Join our FREE Facebook group and connect with thousands PROUD primary teachers like yourself.
Please ask all questions before purchasing or email me at email@example.com.
©2013 to Present - Proud to be Primary - Elyse Rycroft