Butterfly and Moth Differences PowerPoint - Compare and Contrast
Kids love live animals and this unit includes photographs of real butterflies and moths. The PowerPoint presentation introduces children to the similarities and differences between butterflies and moths. The photographs in this unit are from an award winning photographer.
This 26 page PowerPoint presentation compares and contrasts butterflies and moths. We've also included additional information and cool facts about butterflies and moths including:
• Moth life cycle
• Butterfly life cycle
• How do caterpillars protect themselves
• Moth parts
• Butterfly parts
• Why do moths have antennae
• Butterfly and moth varieties
• Cool moth facts
• Cool butterfly facts
From The Developer:
As teachers we know how much children are fascinated with real animals. We used photographs of live critters rather than drawings or clipart for this comprehensive unit.
Available Comprehensive Unit:
You may also like our other related comprehensive unit which includes this same PowerPoint presentation along with additional worksheets and bulletin board/student center printables: Butterfly and Moth Differences (Comprehensive Unit)
Satisfies Standards for Science:
• Life cycles and adaptations of living things to their environment.
• Ask questions about organisms, objects, and events during observations and investigations.
• Living things are both similar to and different from each other and nonliving things.
• Help students develop informational literacy skills.
• Present key science content and vocabulary found on most state tests.
Copyright © Galloping Turtle Books - All Rights Reserved. The purchase of this unit, including the individual parts, are for one teacher only. Other teachers or classrooms must purchase their own individual license. All the individual elements are copyrighted and not in the public domain. Rights do not allow any publication of any parts of the work or uploading to the school website or the internet in any form.
For More Educational Resources:
We are always looking for honest comments and ratings so we can improve our products. You also get earned credits for discounts on future TPT purchases when you leave both a comment and a rating.