Button You Must Wander: a gem for the elementary music classroom! This song is a favorite of my students for teaching half note and re. Great for teachers who have had Kodaly training or want to learn more about incorporating it.
Tone Set: drm sl
Rhythm List: ta, titi, Z, ta-o
This PDF contains slides for the following:
- Beat icons
- Steady beat heart beats
- Rhythm Icons
- Present ta-a (or ta-o) as tied quarter notes
- Practice reading ta-a or ta-o as tied quarter notes
- Present half note
- Practice slides for half note
- Melodic icons with lyrics
- Melodic icons with solfa and ? for mystery solfa
- A new note moves onto solfa street - will it be higher or lower than do? Will it be higher or lower than mi?
- Presentation slides for re - shows house on solfa street and hand sign
- Practice slides for re - reading from icons, icons on the staff in both F and G do.
- Cards for centers to put the song in order (rhythm only and melody plus stick notation)
- Copy of the song
- Singing game directions
Looking for more songs to teach re?
Check out my resources for teaching re here.
Looking for more songs to teach half note?
Check out my resources for teaching half note here.